GSI is currently seeking to employ an Estimator for a major British company. The position will be based in our Prishtina office.
We are an international based company with headquarters in London and offices in Kosovo, North Macedonia, Malta, and Romania. GSI Associates works with businesses and individuals worldwide in offering financial and consultancy services through GSI Financial (www.gsifinancial.com), staffing and managed outsourcing services through GSI Outsourcing (www.gsioutsourcing.com), and translation services in over 150 language combinations through GSI Translations (www.gsitranslations.com).
The Estimator will focus in working independently using industry experience and knowledge to provide detailed estimates for client projects, including cost estimates, work time estimates, and overall customer satisfaction. He/she will maintain existing client contracts and will continuously seek out new clients and estimating opportunities.
A competitive salary and excellent working conditions will be offered to the successful candidate.
- Previous work experience as an Estimator or similar field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction, Architecture or industry-related field
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills in English; working knowledge of another language is considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of Excel, ability to generate spreadsheets, input and manipulate information.
- Those with experience of working in bespoke system-based curtain walling, windows and other building envelopes would have an advantage.
- Experience within the façade industry is considered a plus.
Personal Attributes of the successful candidate include:
- Pro-active, diligent, and initiative led approach and positive attitude to completing tasks.
- Task and ‘target orientated as well as being highly organised and procedurally led.
- Methodical, ‘attention to detail’ approach to completing tasks set.
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written
- Competent in quickly assimilating and understanding project documentation, requirements and deliverables
- Aligned to gather knowledge, review and necessary and facilitate an effective solution i.e. ‘A problem solver’
- Dedicated and tenacious with respect to approaching work
- Ability to work effectively and successfully in pressurised situations and/or constraints.
- Prepare accurate estimates for projects by gathering information and analysing important metrics; Provide detailed reports so the company can make informed decisions that will enhance its profitability and growth, assessing material, labour and equipment required and analysing different quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Preparing and reviewing the commercial aspects of the bid, ensuring all services are included or qualified in the final price to the customer
- Prepare and manage the bid budget spreadsheet
- Ensure timely delivery of compliant and commercially sound bids
- Understand and resolve complex technical, strategic and business issues
- Arrange all post bid reviews with customers, post tender negotiations and contract award deliverables
- Ensuring that the most appropriate and relevant solutions for each bid are effectively pulled together from all parts of the business
- Management of all aspects of the bid process to ensure deadlines are met
- Evaluates risk and opportunity and contributes to developing tendering strategy.
- Obtains bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials; identifying qualified subcontractors; negotiating price.
- Detailed review of vendor and sub-contractor quotations
- Resolves cost discrepancies by collecting and analysing information.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Chairs handover meetings and provides a detailed handover document to the project team.
Please email your CV in ENGLISH to email@example.com
Subject editor: Estimator
Deadline for applications: April 25th, 2021