GSI is currently seeking to employ a Designer for a major British company. The position will be based in our Prishtina office.
We are an international based company with headquarters in London and offices in Kosovo, North Macedonia, Malta, and Romania. GSI Associates works with businesses and individuals worldwide in offering financial and consultancy services through GSI Financial (www.gsifinancial.com), staffing and managed outsourcing services through GSI Outsourcing (www.gsioutsourcing.com), and translation services in over 150 language combinations through GSI Translations (www.gsitranslations.com).
The Designer ideally would have experience or knowledge in aluminium building systems (aluminium window and curtain walling for commercial towers and residential buildings). You will be preparing representation diagrams, plans, elevations, structural and similar drawings, or designs for a building to be made or proposed.
A competitive salary and excellent working conditions will be offered to the successful candidate.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience and working knowledge of AutoCAD (essential)
- Experience and/or working knowledge of 3D modelling (BoCAD or similar) (essential)
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Designer/Technician in a related field.
- Degree in Architecture or related engineering field
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills in English; working knowledge of another language is considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of Excel, ability to generate spreadsheets, input and manipulate information.
- Generate coherent and coordinated drawings on AutoCAD ranging from elevation, setting out and detail drawings through to production information and order documentation.
- Those with experience of working in bespoke system-based curtain walling, windows and other building envelopes would have an advantage.
- Having experience in software as ReynaPro and/or ShuCal would be also considered as an advantage.
Personal Attributes of the successful candidate include:
- Pro-active, diligent, and initiative led approach and positive attitude to completing tasks.
- Task and ‘target orientated as well as being highly organised and procedurally led.
- Methodical, ‘attention to detail’ approach to completing tasks set.
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written
- Competent in quickly assimilating and understanding project documentation, requirements and deliverables
- Aligned to gather knowledge, review and necessary and facilitate an effective solution i.e. ‘A problem solver’
- Dedicated and tenacious with respect to approaching work
- Ability to work effectively and successfully in pressurised situations and/or constraints.
- Understanding the content, design requirements and scope of Works for projects undertaken from the Tender documentation, as well as any other information available at the outset of a project. Drawing from these documents, all of the information necessary to successfully design the project within the required time period and in accordance with the project Sub Contract.
- Developing the concept design set out in the project documentation (e.g. Specifications, Architects’ & Structural Engineer’s Drawings and the like) into a fully coordinated, spatially correct, robust, buildable (no risk installation), cost effective, system compliant and system specific design; inclusive of all interfaces with other building components, cladding systems, ‘supply and fix’ items and the like.
- Raising, monitoring and pursuing Requests for Information (RFI’s) in a timely manner.
- Assisting the Project Director/Manager to identify the project zones that the project Works are to be designed, manufactured and installed in accordance with, identifying possible design problems, the period of time required to design each zone, the requirements for coordinating the design, likely design information required and the like.
- Planning the project design work in conjunction with the Design Team Leader to ensure that the design is completed in accordance with the requirements of Production and the prevailing project programme, identifying and reviewing design resources on a periodic basis.
- Producing and maintaining the quality, content and rate of production of design work, working as part of a Project Design Team and in conjunction with the Design Team Leader as necessary. Reporting where necessary, programme and resource matters.
- Identifying and overcoming design problems and general project constraints in a proactive, economic, informed and experience based manner, taking into account cost, quality and programme considerations.
- Periodically reviewing and amending as necessary the design to ensure that the design is buildable, complies with the projects prevailing Specifications and drawings, is economic and can be adequately and satisfactorily sourced from the company’s supply chain.
- Ensuring that the resultant design is compliant with and takes due account and recognition of all prevailing Health & Safety Legislation and good practice; with particular reference to The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations and all relevant amendments as may be issued.
- Complying with all relevant Company Procedures, practices and documentation.
Please email your CV in ENGLISH to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject editor: Designer
Deadline for applications: April 25th, 2021